8.15.2015

Back to School blog hop featuring 3 Girl JAM & SVG Attic...



Welcome to the SVG Attic-3 Girl JAM Back to School blog hop!  We are so excited to have you join us today!

At each stop of the hop we hope you will be inspired by the creativity of the design teams of SVG Attic and 3 Girl JAM. You are sure to find many wonderful projects that will be at the top of your crafting lists!

You should be arriving from Marji's aMazing blog. If you happened across this post out of order, please head to the SVG Attic blog to start at the beginning of the hop.

Here is the project I created:


I decided that I would turn a non-school/fall set from SVG Attic into a school set.
When I saw the amazing Gone Fishing set, I knew I had it!
Here is my take on the tackle box, which I transfored into a colorful lunch box...



Which holds...


Twelve colorful lunch notes!!

I used several different crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl JAM for this project.
The main lunch box has Clover from Sunny Meadows collection. (I love that collection!)
The note cards, which measure 3 x 4 inches when folded, have used
Basic Blue from the Red/White/Blue Collection
and Barn Door from the Rustic Country Collection.
(I think I"m out of the basic red...yelp!)

For half of the cards, I used the crayon file from Back to School Basics.
With so many items in this file, I will be sure to cut more images out as I need to replensh this box.
Although I was thinking about giving it to my SIL, but she is now home schooling her daughter...
I suppose that means I'll have to find another lucky, brown bagger for this amazing set!

The stamped images and sayings come from Pretty Cute Stamps: The Write Stuff
(along with small sentiments from other PCS sets).
I applyed the ink pad directly to my note card before stamping the image.
Don't you love this splash of color behind the black and white line drawing?



As I was cutting it out, I realized that it was not a hinged box...the way a lunch box would open.
(Though there are side hinges included to fit the tackle box look!)
Washi Tape to the rescue!
I added a strip of wide, red washi on both the inside and the back of the box,
before I added the colorful panels from DCWV Fiesta Forever paperstack.


I used Glue Lines by Glue Dots ® to construct this box.
Those Lines are amazing...just be sure to line up edges very carefully!
Pop Up Relief Glue Dots ®  are used to secure the ribbon and the metal tag on the outside of this cheerful lunch box of notes.


Aren't these brads perfect?
You can find them at the Eyelet Outlet.  The white middles add a nice punch to my colorful paper.

I don't use my cutting machine very often.
Thank you SVG Attic for pairing up with 3 Girl JAM and the encouragement to 
design with my cutter!





Now how about some blog hop prizes??

$20 Gift Certificate to SVG Attic


$20 Gift Certificate to 3 Girl JAM

What do you need to do to be eligible for these amazing prizes?
1.  Become a follower of each blog in the hop. 
2.  Leave some comment love at each stop.  You can do so until midnight on Sunday, August 16th to be eligible for the prizes.
3.  If you do both of the above, check back at the SVG Attic blog and/or the 3 Girl JAM blog for the winners on Tuesday, August 18th.  

We would also love it if you would stop by the SVG Attic and 3 Girl JAM Facebook pages and give us a "Like"!

Here is the complete blog hop lineup:
 Lisa
Beth 
Dawn  (you are here)
Connie (go here next!)

I hope you have enjoyed this stop on our hop!  Be sure to head on over to the other stops for more Back to School inspiration.  Comment and become a follower to be eligible for the prizes!

37 comments:

Jodi G. Warner said...

Dawn what an ingenious way to use the Fishing Set. I hope the opening was as perfect for your lunch box notes as it looks, and that you didn't have to modify them too much. (If I had any idea when it was in production that someone would put notes inside, I would have attended to the size a little better. What fun! Thanks for your work, creativity and for sharing.

Cyndy G said...

Dawn your projects are wonderful. I love what you have done with the tackle box and the colors in the paper are so fun! Wonderful job! :)

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love the box. Love the papers you used and all the ribbons. And those cards are so cute! Just love them!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Sentimental Susan}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

Crafting on Caffeine said...

This is a great way to use the tool box! Love your paper choices and love the cards! Fantastic!

Julie Odil said...

Dawn, this is so super cute! I love how you made it hinged, I love the bright colors. I love everything about this!

2craftykaties said...

love your take on the tackle box!! great job!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Adorable! Love the tool box, love the cards!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic!

Beth F. said...

Dawn, what a fun and great project you have created! I love the idea of a box for notecards! P.S. The tackle box is designed with side hinges, but the washi tape you used works great as well!

scrappysamdesigns said...

I love your tacklebox! How creative!

Migdalia said...

WOW!! Amazing project!!! Totally cute & FUN!!
I absolutely love it!!
Have a blessed day,
Millie
Crafting With Creative M

Unknown said...

I especially like the card box because it can hold all the pencil thank you cards from a previous blog! This would be a great gift for any staff member at a school. Teachers always use thank you cards! Gift them!

Rincewind said...

Your box is stunning - love it :-)

Classic Creations by Shawn said...

Clever!!!!

Christi said...

What a super idea for the fishing set! Sooo Adorable! Thank you for sharing!

Sarah Biswabic said...

What a cute set of cards! What a wonderful idea in turning a tackle box into a lunch box.

Unknown said...

Adorable!!!!!

Koronky92 said...

What a cute ideas. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Sweetness79 said...

Love the box... awesome project. Thanks for sharing

Sweetness79 said...

Love the box... Awesome project. Thanks for sharing.

Georgiana said...

This is so awesome! I sure do like how you turned the file into a lunch box to hold note cards. Fabulous!

Tiggerscraps said...

I love this! Great work, very clever

Carey Nusbaum said...

What a clever way to change up the tackle box! I love it!

Unknown said...

Great projects - super fab lunch box.

Misty Morgan said...

Love all your projects! Great paper choices and super job!

Unknown said...

That lunch box is so cute.

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Very cute notes lunch box. I love them

Angeline Choo said...

This is WAY cool!! Love that you turned the tackle box into a lunch box. Just so awesome!

Annie said...

Wow this is just so cute and clever. I love it. Annie xxx

chev said...

Loving the lunch box,very creative : )

red1979 said...

This lunch box is adorable. TFS!

said...

Very creative!

Brenda Lapp said...

What a great gift set. I love the papers you used.

Connie Can Crop said...

Wow this is super duper cute and useful!! I just love it all! Scrappy hugs, connie

Lisa Mensing said...

I love it! Those papers are so bright and fun. And those cards are awesome! This tackle box is so versatile. I used for train cases for a girlie girl party. Awesome, aren't they?

lorby said...

Creative way to use one file to make another project. Very impressed.

Unknown said...

Holy moley woman, this is crazy amazing!!!