12.19.2008

Dear Meijer

I am a loyal Meijer customer,which all of my friends know. In fact, my not-so-secret wish is to be in a Meijer commercial. But recently, I have seen some false advertising on the grocery pricing which makes me disappointed in this chain.

When you have a sale on a grocery item, there is a yellow tag that advertizes the sale price along with the regular price of the item. I am a careful shopper and flip up the yellow tags to read the regular price underneath on the shelf sticker. Lately, I have been noticing a discrepency between the advertized "regular price" and the "regular price on the shelf." The shelf stickers show a lower price than the yellow tags. While it is only a 10 to 20 cent difference, it is misleading your customers into thinking that they are getting a better sale price than they are actually getting.

I have seen this on tags that advertise "every day low" prices too. Especially if the name brand item is on sale that week.

I have told my husband that I don't want to move to a city without a Meijer. But if this sneaky price cover up continues to be practiced, then maybe I should not be so loyal to Meijer. And you would be losing a great customer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing at all to do with your post . . . but I was just checking in after months of being mia (sorry!) and I had to write to say I love the new photo....great hair cut!

jenifer vanpelt

Great Grandma Lin said...

enjoyed your photos below-very colorful. go dawn. thanks for the lovely homemade christmas card-it was a lift to hear from you. Lin

Susan said...

sniff sniff