1.05.2010

Gate Cards...Tuesday Throwdown Challenge from Sherrod Studio

Kim, owner of Sherrod Studio, gave us a break over the holidays on the challenges.  THANK YOU!  While I enjoy doing them, I still think Christmas is for friends, family and fun.  Stamping can wait.  Today's challenge is to make a GATE CARD.  I have always enjoyed cards with unusual openings.  Gate Cards can be done is so many different ways.  Be sure to check out the Sherrod Studio Blog for links to the other designers' and their take on the challenge.


(Okay, these are fun to open but not fun to photograph!!) I chose to use Winter Wonderland's Penguin Pair!  Perfect if you live in a snowy region of the world...or if you just wish your Christmas was white.  (Hey, here in MI, we did NOT have a while Christmas this year!)

Presto magic...the two flaps open to reveal this inside! Nope, your eyes do not deceive you.  This CS is two sided.  Paper Temptress has double sided cardstock (105 lbs) which is perfect for a gate fold.  I chose to use the  Sorbet Blue Ice/ Grape sheet, which is great for icy themed cards.


Some of the black I used is Ruche and here is an upclose pix of the texture.  I love using little pieces for added interest.  The black mat is Eclipse Black.

Link up with Mr. Linky on the Sherrod Blog and use Keyword:  SSTT10. Isn't that perfect for the first challenge of 2010! haha..Way to plan, Kim!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Great card - and yes, I agree, these gate fold cards are hard to photograph!

Mary G. said...

Cute card! Great take on the challenge. I like how your's opens differently.

Michelle VP said...

haha, I was scrolling back and forth wondering how you got the inside to be blue before I finished reading. Fun paper! Love that sweet saying too. We did have a white Christmas here in NJ. Still lots of white out there - been too cold to melt.

Ceal said...

cute cute cute Dawn, love your coloring as well

Kim said...

Your card is adorable. I thought my eyes were deceiving me:)

Danni said...

Very sweet image and a great card!

Leah said...

Super cute card, love the pretty happy colors you chose:)