1.05.2010

Ahoy there, Matie!!

Paper Makeup is sponsering this week's Tuesday Morning Skeches challenge.  And boy, I think I just found a new challenge for myTuesday stamping.  (I'm never a fan of the color challenge on SCS...sshhhhh!!)  Katie gifted all of her DT girls the entire December release last month as a Christmas gift to us.  I loved the nautical theme. It is going to be great for upcoming Father's Day...and cards for guys, cards for friends...




Here is my take on the sketch. I wanted the off set layers to be subtle so I pulled out my Paper Temptress Vellum and embossed it.  This thick translucent paper is one of my favorite from the Paper Temptress. My eye happened upon these curlie clips, which turned out to be a perfect detail for the swirlie embossed vellum. 

Set sail and check out all the great sentiments that were released in December along with the boats and sailor fairies.  Order some and then go do the Tuesday Morning Sketch!

7 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

What a great gift! Your card is adorable - love the embossed vellum. I've always like that look but never seem to remember it until someone else does it! Then I slap my forehead. Ugh!

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Danni said...

Awesome!! Love the little swirly curlie clips as an accent!!

Gabby said...

AWESOME job Dawn! I LOVE it!

Katie Cotton said...

those spiral clips are the perfect addition! love it!

Michelle VP said...

Love how those clips match the swirls on the vellum. :)

Randee E said...

Cute card! Love those metal swirlies!!

Angela said...

Cute! Great idea to emboss the vellum!