1.26.2009

Twinkling Waters




This is my submission for the Guest Designer Call by Whimsy stamps. They are a new stamp company that has some delightful animal stamps. Since I don't have any of their stamps yet, I chose an image with a similar style: line drawing, cute animal with character, something I could color in.

And color in I did! This whale needed some glitz so I dug out my twinkling H2Os and gave him some pizazz. In real life, this is a shimmering site to see! Here is a detail:



(Oooh, I hate it when blogger does this to me. Anyone know how to correct these sideways pictures? Last night I tried saving another problematic pix with a new, started a new entry, etc. Okay, just practice your stretching your neck as I search around how to fix this ongoing Blogger problem.)

I usually add stickles to make my cards sparkle. But I think I will be using twinking h20s more often. The Whimsy call is ending soon. Here is a link for the details.

7 comments:

Starla said...

This is sooo cute!! I love the bling of the twinkling H2O's. (I need to try those....ok...I WANT to try those! hehe)

Great Grandma Lin said...

fun whale. on the photo think it has to be turned in photoshop or some other image editing program before uploading if it is taken that way but if it mutates well maybe contact blogger? fun post.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE this! LOVE the sparkliness and the colors!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome job with this sketch Dawn, love the shimmer too. :) Great papers and color combo. Thanks for trying out! :)

Jennifer said...

Again, another great creation! I like the whale--he is very whimsy.

Connie M. said...

This is sooo adorable, Dawn! Great coloring and layout!!!

Michelle VP said...

Love your whale card! I've never seen twinkling H2O's in person. What are they like and how do you use them? Similar to stickles?