5.21.2008

For a Stamper's Daughter

Tonight, before going to bed...haha and I'm not in bed yet...I decided to see if the Sketch Challenge had been posted. As lucky would have it, I got to the forum a minute after it was posted. Since DD and I have not been getting along all week, I had wanted to make her a special card. I ran down stairs to my stamping station and grabbed my Bella Fairy, a bag of baubles and some pretty pink/green paper and away I went.



Now I'm sure she's not going to be too impressed. If she were to be an animal, I'm sure she'd be one of those Siamese Cats from "The Lady and the Tramp." Ooh she can be so indifferent and flippant. And she's far too young to be like that. When I'm around her, she let's out the best of sighs and eye rolling...she could be 14 the way she carries on.

But she can be sweet and loving when she wants to be. Once in a while she'll write me little notes. She left a tootsie roll sucker in E's tent on Monday before school...much to his delight. So there is hope...I think.

5 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

making special times together and doing cute things like this card are sure to win her heart over. don't stop. brook was a teenager at age 9 and still is at age 38...everyone goes through this stage even sweet daniel was rebellious. so bond lots while they are little. try not to take the eye rolls and sighs personally, it's just a stage. easier said that done i know. love, aunt lin

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, I'm experiencing the joys of having a "tween" boy.....I just keep telling myself, "this too shall pass, I may even miss some of it!!" Hahaaa.....
Then I also remember my own eye rolling, refusing to speak (except for the bare minimum responses) and think "what goes around came back and is now YOUR child!"
Starla

Renee said...

Love your challenge card for today :) I didn't get to stamp today....I've been babysitting our new puppy and I'm affraid to take my eyes off of him! I forgot what it's like to raise a baby!

Charlotte's Mom said...

Beautiful card Dawn. I'm sure she will love it, even though she will carry on and say "Mmmoooooommmm" in the way that only girls can. I guess this is yet another phase that I can look forward too with my DD. *sigh*

Susan said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Wonder who she sees rolling her/his eyes? Maybe it's a friend from school, behind the back of the teacher. Perhaps it's a friend she most wants to be like so she immitates.

but like Lin says...just keep bonding. She may not say so, but she has to be pleased with the cards. So only positive things to and about her.