11.04.2019

The other day



The other day, my mom reposted a rough pix of this photo of her father,
Henry Czekala, who passed when she was just a couple of months old.
She has only stories...and we all have searched for links back to an extended family.
When she reposted this photo,
I realized how my own Evan looks very much like my grand father...
his Great Grand Father.
Then my mom reposted Evan's first day of school photo.
Some quickie shot after school..b/c I failed to remember to get one before he left the house that morning.


And there it was...
the same hair style, same wavy hair...
same eyebrows and casual look/demeanor...
same ears, similar nose...see the chin? matchy match.

So...with the help of Photoshop,
I scaled them to match...First in B&W,
then back to color...

Evan prefers the color...I think maybe I do too.
Although, I am rather fond of seeing the contrast in B&W...
with the clothing that says 1940s...and 2019.





I'm so grateful for these pix...and technology..and a few skills to make them match and fix spotted old photographs...
and even more grateful for the knowledge that one day, my mother will be able to really meet her father...
I will be in line to meet him...and so will Evan.
And, we remember him...always.


No comments: