10.25.2013

Wish Box with Stars!

I can't believe that this is my last post as 
a designer for Creative Paperclay ®.  The last two terms have been a time
for me to grow creatively using a new medium. I hope that you have dug out your 40% off coupons, and bought a package of Creative Paperclay ® at your local craft store.  
Whether a novice or professional, this product will add interest to projects from paper crafting, sculptures, to home decor and jewelry!



Today, I'd like to show you a fun project that will be perfect for worry warts...
and yes, I tend to fall into this category from time to time!

Supply List:
Creative Paperclay ®
gesso
tools as needed
Glue Dots ® adhesive
ribbon
papers as needed
brads
cord
acrylic paint



A few months ago, I had a bit of Creative Paperclay ® left over. 
I wasn't going to use it any time soon and I didn't it to dry out.
So, I rolled it out and cut out star shapes...and stored them for some future use.
If you need a more in depth tutorial about rolling, cutting, and sealing, Click to this CPC Blog Post.

Today, I painted my stars with gold acrylic craft paint.  
I painted the bottom and sides first. Then, a nice coat on the top.


A certain Dollar Spot sells these adorable mail boxes, from time to time.
And apparently I buy a few of these from time to time to time to time...but I digress.
I thought it would make a great Worry Box.
What is a Worry Box?
Well, you write down your worry...you stick in the box...
and you just let life move on...without losing energy on silly fretting. 
I have read that it's great for younger kids too.
Parents can sneak in and read their kids' fears...if their child isn't coming forward on their own.
I like the idea of putting the worry into a box...and moving on.

But...on to the project...


I used papers to decorate and embellish the plain white mail box.
Pop Up  Glue Dots ® are strong and make a GREAT adhesive for these star embellishments.

I used the Micro Dots for the thin ribbon. The super strength Glue Lines 
was perfect to adhere the papers to the metal box.  It was easy to work with and cut the appropriate length for each piece.  



Back View...
Yes, I was tempted to add even more bling...but I refrained,
for now!  lol



Inside, I typed up a quote from Corrie ten Boom, a woman who lived through World War II
and tried to help others as best as she could, despite danger to herself and her loved ones.  

“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load
with today's strength-
carrying two days at once.
It is moving into tomorrow
ahead of time.
Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow
of its sorrow,
it empties today of its strength.” 

     -- Corrie ten Boom




Then, I stamped stars on matted 3 x 4 inch cards, where I can write my worries down. 
But, I have a sister who admires Corrie ten Boom, and probably has enough worries (hehe)
to fill this mail box, I'll be giving it to her at Thanksgiving!

A new design team starts November first for Creative Paperclay ®.
Prepared to be amazed by the creativity of these fantastic artists!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn Mercedes, a worry box is a brilliant tool. I have been looking for these tiny tins since last Summer and haven't found any in South Florida. I LOVE this idea!! It's gorgeous!!!

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

This is a super cute project! Love that little mailbox and how you have it embellished. Great idea.

Kimberly
BIF

Susan said...

that is very pretty...have always loved stars.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Ah you are going to make me cry! Very neat project! And you are coming!!!!!!!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a delightful idea Dawn and your box is so sweet. I used this concept in school and it worked really well!

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

I have never seen these mailbox tins in the UK. You have decorated it so beautifully, lovely project.

Joanna BIF

Cara said...

What a great idea Dawn. I wish I'd known about a worry box when my kids were younger, but I was thinking this could be a great idea to make it a compliment box. People in the house can write down something they admire or appreciate about another family member and then at Christmas or New Years Day - they are read out loud.
Thanks for sharing!
Cara
(BIF)