7.08.2013

Lemon Crinkles

Lemon Crinkles...a really yummy cookie


Now, I have made these with a cake mix. But from scratch is the tops!

Lemon Crinkle Cookies
2 1/2 dozen cookies...I always double this b/c cookies don't last long in my house!

1/2 C. butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour

confectionery sugar

Oven: 350 degrees.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, lemon juice, zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Scrap sides and mix again for 30 seconds.  Add the dry ingredients...and stir until combined.  Scrap sides well.

Place confectionery sugar in a shallow dish.  Scoop out balls, roll in sugar. Place on  cooking sheet with plenty of space between cookies, as these cookies will spread. I put 12 on a sheet.

I cook them for 12 minutes. (Recipe said 9-10...but I think my cookies are bigger.)  Let them cool for about a minute or two before transferring them to a cooking rack.  These are sooooo good. And  friend just told me to try it using oranges!  And I will. Now, I have also added a splash of lemon extract...just to make it a bit more lemony.


 

3 comments:

Zella said...

Hmmm, going to have to make a batch of these! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

MariLynn said...

Dawn, these cookies just sound so yummy. I am going to have to try them. But I might wait until fall when it isn't so hot.

Tammy said...

Yum, sounds delicious! Wish you'd just bake me some but I did copy the recipe so thanks!