Have you seen the delightful fairy gardens out there?
They are so playful and imaginative!
My brother in law built a box for my mom to create her very own fairy habitat.
So, she asked me to whip up some stepping stones.
I found this fairy fire pit at a local store for my mom's fairy garden.
Creative Paperclay ®
shape cutter/cookie cutter
stamps to decorate your stones
Mod Podge or other sealants
1. Roll out your Creative Paperclay ® into a very thin sheet.
2. I used a circle playdough cutter to cut out my stepping stones. They are about the size of a 50 cent piece...1.25 inches in diameter.
3. Press a rubber stamp into the clay before it is dry to impress an image.
Here I used some Kanji stamps that mean: tranquility, wisdom, love, harmony.
4. Let them dry and then lightly sand them.
5. I sealed them with gesso before painting them.
6. Paint them with your desired acrylic paint color.
7. Then, I used ink and daubers to distress the edges. One ink color was a blue grey color and the other was black.
8. Since this is going into a garden, seal your stones very well!!
Here is my set of stones. Remember to make more than you think you need!
I was making them for my mother, but then my DD said that she needed some too!
I wonder how many new fairies are coming to live with us this summer!
Thanks for skipping by today!
For more tips and projects, be sure to check out