5.09.2009

Mother's Day 2009


Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I have been a neglectful daughter. Really, I have tried to come up with a gift idea for my mom off and on for several weeks. But alas and alack, nothing has come to mind. Nothing was made. Nothing was bought. I even told my mom several days ago that I didn't have anything to give her. She said she didn't mind but I'm sure she does, a little.



But what can you give the most talented, thoughtful, kind, generous, and patient mother in the world? Nothing I make or buy or do could ever make up for all the time she spent doing things for me, teaching me, praying for me, advising me, thinking about me.

And so, to the cyber world, I now announce:


MY MOTHER IS THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD!



xoxo

PS. I will sometime find something superb to gift to you.




Super Mom


Mom, you're a wonderful mother

So gentle, yet so strong.

The many ways you show you care

Always make me feel I belong.


You're patient when I'm foolish;

You give guidance when I ask;

It seems you can do most anything;

You're the master of every task.


You're a dependable source of comfort;

You're my cushion when I fall.

You help in times of trouble;

You support me whenever I call.


I love you more than you know;

You have my total respect.

If I had my choice of mothers,

You'd be the one I'd select!
By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: