12.18.2009

Makeup for the Weekend....M4TW08

This week, Paper Makeup wants you to use traditional colors on your cards...RED and GREEN!  How simple is that!  So, if you are in the need of a few last minute Christmas cards, here's your chance to play along with fans of Paper Makeup!


Here I used the fairy named Birthday Lauren who holds a package in her sweet little hands.  I paper pieced her clothes and dusted her wings with stickles.  (Note: pix taken late at night so they aren't the best.)  The base is wasabi green. Adding a little red and Birthday Lauren is now Christmas Lauren! I used some of the fabulous vellum by PaperTemptress.com.  I love that stuff! (Watch out! There is a lot of new papers on Paper Temptress right now.)


I repeated the nestie edge on the inside of my card as well.



Remeber the wonderful sentiments by Paper Makeup.  You can design a card quickly when you pair up a wordart or sentiment with a few embellishments.


Add some of the same design elements to the inside of your card for added interest!

Both of these sentiments are from Paper Makeup's "Season's Greetings Holiday Sentiment" set.  Use Mr. Linky on the PMS blog with keyword:  M4TW08 to show off your own Christmas Colored creations this week!

4 comments:

Starla said...

I like the way you finish off the inside of your cards .....I need to start doing that (of course, that would require making a card first! LOL)

Christi Flores said...

They are both wonderful!! I love the plaid on the first one!

Danni said...

Love these...so cute how you paper pieced Lauren's dress!!

i'm with the band said...

Great work! I love her plaid dress. =)