7.02.2009

Digis and Diecuts

I'm still a newbie when it comes to digis. And while I enjoy rubber (and now clear stamps by Sherrod Studio), I know that you gotta go with the flow sometimes. And the trends in stamping these days is digis. So to get some ideas, I posed this challenge for Friday's LSC challenge on Splitcoast:

Digis and Diecuts!!

What can you do with them...and NO STAMPING!



This sentiment is an early sneak peek of a Paper Makeup Stamps July release. In fact, all of the July release are DIGIS! So if you don't have a digi stamp, you can always type up a fun quote for this challenge too...or find some free digis out there. Dustin Pike has had some on his blog in the past.

Meanwhile, here I used paper from the Paper Temptress! The white is Heavenly White Premium Ultrasmooth Cardstock. The green is Pop gumdrop Green. Interestingly enough, the watermelon is dual sided. So I simply flipped the center oval on the flower diecut to show the mango side of the paper. It's quite thick. I love it! (It's called Sorbet Duplex.)

I lucked out b/c I had the perfect dual sided ribbon which matched the colors! Ooh lala. Love it when paper and ribbon match up! haha

(EDITED: Added more orange flowers to this card to show off the awesome dual sided paper sold by Paper Temptress. Should have done that from the start! haha. But all the flowers, large and small are cut from the same sheet of paper! How versitile is that!!)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Now that is a very pretty card! You need a cricut..hahahahahhahahahahahhaha. Killing myself here in Paradise.

Kim P said...

I LOVE this card!!! SCS won't open for me today, so I'm glad to find the LSC challenge here! I have the day off, so I need to create something!

Shaela said...

beautiful card, I LOVE what you did with the quote!

Deb said...

THIS is GORGEOUS!

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow I like this one.

Starla said...

This is just STUNNING!! Love the whole idea

Michelle said...

this is gorgeous dawn... TFS!