6.26.2008

Blue Bird of Happiness

I made a card for today's Ways to Use it challenge...Use birds on your card. It's the latest trend I guess...BIRDS. I liked my last card so well, that I used it again.




I actually really like bluebirds. I've thought about collecting them on occasion...but never do. This year for my mom's bday, I found a super great Jim Thorpe figurine with bluebirds on it. But I let me sister, whose nickname is J-Bird, give it to my mom. Oh, I just remembered my sister Cara gave me these for my bday last year:




So...I AM already collecting! haha Thanks Cara. That's probably the best way to collect. So things are special. I did buy a christmas ornament a couple of years ago that was a bluebird of happiness...I'll have to dig it out and snap a shot.

Well, it's to be a scorcher today. I am picking up some friends and we'll spend a day at the pool....though I need some pool snacks. Tuesday we swam at their pool...and they were much more prepared than we are right now. Off to scavenger!

3 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

great card Dawn!

Great Grandma Lin said...

fun to collect things. i used to collect frogs, figurines and stuffed one that's after my prince charming turned into a frog and hopped away...ho ho.

Rochelle W said...

Your bluebird grid card is super cute. I love bluebirds too. Well, any bird actually.