7.18.2007

She's DEAD! The wickedest witch that ever lived...IS DEAD!!!!

Or is she? haha.....



Last night, we dropped off #3 at a friend's house...where he spent the night, while the rest of us drove to Lansing, MI to see WICKED at the Wharton Center. It was really great. #1 and #2 loved it! When the lights were going down, my daughter asked if she could sing along. I said yes. And sure enough...during one of the first songs, all of a sudden, I heard her start singing. It was so sweet. Of course, I doubt anyone else could hear her so it wasn't a big deal. She was mesmerzied! We had 2 binoculars to use to get a better view. Although we were 2nd row from the top, the Wharton Center isn't the biggest theater and we were center stage. The only thing we couldn't see was the banner "Congratulotions." But I saw the play already and knew it was there...no biggie. My DS was so good. In fact, during the 15 minute intermission, the lady next to him, about my mom's age, leaned over and complimented me on how good the kids were. She said that she would never take her 8 year old grandson to the theater to see a musical. haha. I smiled and said thank you...all the while thinking what a bother he had been for 2 weeks while staying at my mom's house.

It was a great play. As usually, the first time you see a musical is the best time you see it. But these 2 productions were nearly identical...so not much of a disappointment. The only thing I remember it lacked was this really neat dance number at the "Ozdust Ballroom." Or maybe I over exaggerated it in my mind...who knows!

I asked my daughter if she wanted to see another play today. She said Yes. I said what one? (She's 6 years old.) She said, "What ever is coming next!" haha. What a cultured 6 year old.

3 comments:

Becky G said...

You are such a lucky girl! I want to see that so bad. Glad you all had a great time!

Jan Scholl said...

My daughter who lives in Lansing took her cousin (my neice) to see Wicked at the Fox in Detroit at Christmas time for her 10th birthday. JUst for heads up, Wicked is coming back to Wharton next summer for a week! Get your preorders now-this one is hard to get tickets for.

Melinda McMillen said...

oh that sounds like so much fun!! i'm glad you were able to take the kiddos -- good exposure, and plays are just so much fun