3.29.2007

Small Square Pocket Card Tutorial

Last night, Jessica of Faerey Wings and Stamping Things sent me a note encouraging me to post a tutorial for my Small Square Pocket Cards. You might have read my directions on Jen**'s blog. Since pictures are helpful for me and I have had several people ask me for these directions, here is my first try at a tutorial. Lately, I've been making them and using them for Valentine's Day cards and thank you notes. They are square and cute. I add a small notecard for the pocket. Jessica mentioned you could stick a gift card inside too. (Great idea.)

Let's get started!



Start with an 8 inch square peice of patterned paper. Score at 4 inches in both directions.



Cut the lower left quadrant off.





Fold the lower right quadrant up so you have a triangle flap.




Next, fold the upper left quadrant so that you make another triangular fold.




Glue both flaps closed.



Along the right edge, where DS is pointing, glue the flap up...




This forms a pocket.




Mount the folded paper onto a piece of 4.25 inch square CS.




Finish decorating the outside, as you like.





Add a small card inside the pocket to write a message to your friend. Let me know when you post one of these cards on your blog or gallery. I'd love to see it!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tutorial! I'm going to have to try this one for sure! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melinda McMillen said...

dawn -- this is really great!!! thanks for sharing with us...i'm gonna have to do one of these soon!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wonderful tutorial! Can't wait to try one! They are adorable cards!

Dawn said...

aha! and did Jessica tell you why you should do a tutorial?!!;)
I sent her a card cased from your famous card...she loved it! see, you should send me more cards! you never know what the outcome will be;)

Rika said...

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the time to make this tutorial. You did a fabulous job....can't wait to case it!

Dana said...

This is so cute Dawn! Man, I've been missing out on good stuff at your blog! No longer...I'm subscribing now.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Dawn, I finally got to try one! They are adorable. . .I love them! Thanks for sharing your tutorial! http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2007/03/small-square-pocket-card.html

Amanda said...

This is great! I just made one... I could easily get stuck making tons of these! Thanks so much for the pictures!
I will post on my blog tomorrow!
http://amandasscrap.blogspot.com/
amanda

Unknown said...

What a great tutorial! I am trying this one today. I already have some ideas for it.
Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration!

kathy said...

I used your tutorial and made a card I love this card. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Monika said...

Thanks for your great tutorial. I had to try it for myself. It is such a cute little card. I posted the card on SCS. (user name wmonith).

Diane said...

what a great tutorial...thanks so much!

diane

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

WOw! Thanks for the tutorial. I *love* cute..

Michelle D. said...

This is SO awesome...I love it!! I learned of this very cool pocket card from an SCSer who has one in her gallery and noted that she learned of the tutorial from your blog (I then had to go digging for your blog address ;-). Thanks so much for sharing. I'm looking forward to using lots of excess dp to make several of these little cuties Ü.

Have a wonderful day!

Jenn in GA said...

I saw the link for this on Charmaine's Oodabug Alley blog and wondered if it would work as a gift tag using 6x6 paper. It does, and it will be quite the hit at a workshop I'm doing on gift tags next month!! Thanks to you and all who share! My take on yours will be on my blog tomorrow...

Michelle said...

I was pointed to this tutorial by Mary, and I love these cards. I just made my daughter's birthday party invites and they turned out so cute. I posted them on my blog and I included a link to your tutorial so everyone can see how to make these!

Chookarooni said...

thanks for sharing - glad you have the pictures - never would have managed without them!
Mary-Jane

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!
I like this card!

Giulia

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial. I'll have to give this a go. . . though it most likely won't happen until after Christmas!

Jenifer VanPelt

Cowspotdog said...

what an awesome tutorial....love this little card. I just found your blog and will be a regualr visitor now
Bree
Bree's Corner of the World