7.18.2007

Parrots...

Okay...Finally...a picture of me in Hawaii...





The first three days were spent in Waikiki, HI...just East of Honolulu. One evening, we were walking back from the beach and we passed a street guy with birds. You could hold them and get your pix taken with them. Of course I wanted to do it and asked how much it would cost. He said it was a donation. So, I posed with this bird when another street guy came up. He posed me with 2 more birds! Arranged them all around. Got a couple of pictures in.


Well...when we gave him back the birds, he launched into this speal about 10 bucks...5 for the birds, 5 for something else. Of course he got real snippy when I said, "the other man told me it was a donation...here's our donation." He wouldn't take any money if it wasn't the ten bucks. So well...his lost I guess. But it certainly dampened the day.

And that guy stood at the street corner every time we walked passed it. I sure hope he didn't recognize me.

4 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

great picture!

Susan said...

baGAWK!

Renee said...

Ahhh how sweet! What beautiful birds! You look like you've go a nice tan going on!

Melinda McMillen said...

oooooh looks like a fun time all around. love the pic!